Frequently Asked Questions
Innovative concept of calibrated, digitally addressable, smart RGB LED modules with integrated smart LED driver, connected by a 2 Mbit/s serial daisy-chain bus. Simplifies design and production of products with homogenous, dynamic lighting effects
- no binning classes, no bar coding – calibration data stored in LED
- no look up tables in µC anymore
- system assembly using LED from the tape with guaranteed parameters
- includes diagnostic features
What are typical applications of ISELED?
- Dynamic Ambient lighting
- Roof lighting
- Functional lighting
- Display backlight
Where to order?
What documentation is available?
What is the calibration accuracy?
- Allows a 1 step Mac Adam accurate calibration of a defined white point.
How fast can the LEDs in a chain be updated?
- Updating every single LED in a chain with 100 LEDs is performed in 5.25ms, allowing frame rates of over 100Hz.
What is the max possible length of a LED chain?
- Up to 4096 LED’s are addressable in a single chain
- The serial bus supports cable segments between LEDs.
- The length of cable segments is determined by the cable loss and in a typical automotive application by the EMI requirements. This is a system subject and is dependent on cable type, cable shielding, connectors, etc.
How long can be the distance from controller I/O to first ISELED?
- recommended max distance is 15cm
- Temperature compensation can be enabled/disabled with the INIT command for the red channel.