ISELED significantly reduces system costs as it combines the RGB LEDs, a LED driver/controller IC, and an advanced communication link in a very small SiP (system in package).
The highly integrated RGB LED controller chip also includes functions like oscillator, temperature sensor for automatic temperature compensation, ADC and diagnostic features, so that nearly no external components are necessary.
Until now, ISELED smart LED drivers have only been available for purchase integrated into the LED module. The INLC10AQ is the first standalone driver available that enables manufacturers to custom design their own choice of external LED strips.
With ISELED, the smart LED modules are individually and precisely calibrated during the production process by manufacturing. This leads to a high homogeneity over a large number of LEDs. It also means that there is no time consuming, nor cost intensive, binning needed while the calibration data are stored in the module. Provided on tape and reel, the smart LED modules can be assembled easily and fast.
The robust bi-directional 2 Mit/s communication link between the MCU and LED module enables easy software control of the LED chain. Each LED's color, brightness and temperature can be individually addressed and controlled.
With the ILaS bus concept (ISELED Light and Sensor network), the original protocol is expanded and not only LED elements, but also other components such as sensors and actuators, can be controlled in large numbers via a simple two-wire connection.
- Integration of LEDs, LED controller and advanced communication link in one small 3 mm package
- system cost reduction
- Calibration of LED and driver during production process of LED module
- no binning classes, no bar coding – calibration data stored in LED
- no look up tables in µC anymore
- system assembly using LED from the tape with guaranteed parameters
- Bi-directional communication between µC and LED module with lowest latencies
- EMI robust design based on 2 Mbps communication - no dedicated clock
- LED temperature can be diagnosed individually by µC
- efficient use of bandwidth due to individual addressing of each LED
- RGB LED Controller
- Calibration-Free Use
- Simple 2-Wire Interface
- Embedded Temperature Compensation
- Daisy Chaining of up to 4.096 LED
- Complete Ecosystem - Software, Controller, LED
- Full Diagnostic Capability for Functional Lighting
- Designed for Automotive