Several LED related solutions, focusing on the automotive market, are continuously being developed with ISELED's open technology, and as well by different ISELED alliance members. Other, various systems combining ISELED components with optics are also under development.
The product range includes...
Smart LEDs - Smart RGB LEDs from suppliers such as Dominant, Everlight and Osram allow color, brightness and temperature to be individually addressed and controlled.
Connectivity - The smart LED modules combine RGB LEDs with the ISELED driver & controller IC from Inova in one small package (SiP). In addition, the controller chip is also available as a standalone solution for usage with external LEDs or sensors.
Controllers - ISELED system controllers are available by NXP with different derivatives. Microchip offers a broad portfolio of ISELED supporting MCUs from 8-bit to 32-bit as well.
ADK - The application and development kits with LEDs, from Dominant and Osram, allow for a quick ISELED build and prototype solution, thereby significantly reducing development time.
ISELED significantly reduces system costs as it combines the RGB LEDs, a LED driver/controller IC, and an advanced communication link in a very small SiP (system in package).
The highly integrated RGB LED controller chip also includes functions like oscillator, temperature sensor for automatic temperature compensation, ADC and diagnostic features, so that nearly no external components are necessary.
Inova's INLC10AQ is the first standalone driver available that enables manufacturers to custom design their own choice of external LED strips.
ISELED's smart LED modules are individually calibrated during the manufacturing production process. This leads to high homogeneity over a large number of LEDs, and means that no binning is needed as long as the calibration data is stored in the module. These smart LED modules can be assembled easily as they are available on tape and reel.
The robust bi-directional 2 Mit/s communication link between the MCU and LED module enables easy software control of the LED chain. Each LED's color, brightness and temperature can be individually addressed and controlled.
With the ILaS bus concept (ISELED Light and Sensor network), the original protocol is expanded and not only LED elements, but also other components such as sensors and actuators, can be controlled in large numbers via a simple two-wire connection.
- Integration of LEDs, LED controller and advanced communication link in one small 3 mm package
- system cost reduction
- Calibration of LED and driver during production process of LED module
- no binning classes, no bar coding – calibration data stored in LED
- no look up tables in µC anymore
- system assembly using LED from the tape with guaranteed parameters
- Bi-directional communication between µC and LED module with lowest latencies
- EMI robust design based on 2 Mbps communication - no dedicated clock
- LED temperature can be diagnosed individually by µC
- efficient use of bandwidth due to individual addressing of each LED
- RGB LED Controller
- Calibration-Free Use
- Simple 2-Wire Interface
- Embedded Temperature Compensation
- Daisy Chaining of up to 4.079 LED (individually addressable or via 16 assignable broadcast addresses)
- Complete Ecosystem - Software, Controller, LED
- Full Diagnostic Capability for Functional Lighting
- Designed for Automotive
INLC10AQ - Mixed Signal, Smart RGB LED Driver & Controller - Overview of Features
INLC10AQ - Mixed Signal, Smart RGB LED Driver & Controller - Datasheet
Application Note - Describes the ISELED communication protocol command
Application Note - Provides guidance on how to create a PCB layout with ISELED
ISELED_ADK_D Evaluation Kit - Overview of Features
Overview of NXP's ISELED-supported solution offerings
Overview of Microchip's ISELED-supported solution offerings